Westchester County Gutter Company – George’s Seamless Gutters
In Westchester, I have seen my share of gutters in all states of disrepair some of them have clearly never seen any professional gutter attention at all! Truth be told, your home’s gutters are essential to the health of your home overall. They keep your home dry, safe, and free from the danger mismanaged water presents. So, the question remains, how can you, tell when and if your gutters need to be replaced? It is pretty simple, actually.
Examine Your Gutters–Take a Quick Look
Sometimes, it is clear that your gutters need to be replaced. The first thing I do when I check out someone’s gutters is to look for the obvious. I may be a professional, but these are things that anybody can keep an eye out for:
- Holes, cracks, and rust anywhere along the gutters
- Any sagging, or any signs that the gutters are pulling away from your home; gutters should not resemble a big belly!
- Bends and dents
- Sizeable gaps between the connections with downpipes or gutter connections
- Nails out of place.
Now…Take a Closer Look
Many times, gutters will present signs of wear that you cannot see until you inspect them a little bit closer. Here are some things I have noticed in even the most carefully cared for gutters:
- Parts of the gutter, or nails and screws, on the ground around your home
- Icicles forming on the outside of the gutters
- Nesting animals or plants in the gutters (that bird might be cute now, but it won’t be when your foundation starts to sink!)
- Overflowing gutters when it rains
- Water remaining in gutters after the rain stops
- Leaking water where water should not leak, or over-the-top spillage
Know your Gutters and Know What To Lookout for!
There is a final set of signs that your gutters are in need of replacement, and these signs actually present themselves away from the gutters. Like I said, gutters are responsible for keeping your home dry, safe, and free from danger. Here are signs that your gutters are not doing their job:
- Puddles of water around the foundation of your home
- Water stains and mold on the exterior of your home
- Peeling paint and rotting wood on the exterior of your home
- Your basement is flooding with shocking regularity
- Your lawn and landscaping, which I’m sure you care for meticulously, are being eroded
If you have spotted some early warning signs or have a list of areas with dead ringer issues – give my team a call. We can send someone out right away to have a look and give you an action plan. Problem is gutter problems only get worse. In our Westchester County, they can sometimes get worse fast. Best to handle them early and properly with a professional gutter company as your partner.